Saturday, July 25, 2009

Antique Dolls...


I have 2 porcelain/bisque antique dolls that my grandmother gave to me when I was a small child to play with. I always loved these 2 dolls and took good care of them. Their clothes though are a lil dirty, but the dolls themselves are in excellent condition. About 15 to 20 years ago I had entered them in a Fair which I won a ribbon for. I was so excited to win that ribbon! I know that they're at least 50 years old or maybe even older then that.
The lil girl sorta reminds me of a Shirley Temple kind. She's so adorable and precious! I love her lil curl that she has in her hair!
Her rosy cheeks and beautiful smile always makes me smile to! She seems to be about 2 to 3 years of age and just so sweet!
Then, the baby...and how precious and sweet he is to! He has the rosiest cheeks and a very handsome lil one he is!
I've been looking and trying to find out information about these 2 dolls. If you recognize them, please let me know. Or, if you know of where I should begin to look and do research on these 2 gorgeous dolls I would appreciate any information at all. Thanks so much and I hope that you enjoyed my 2 porcelain/bisque antique dolls!

7 comments:

LDWatkins said...

They are so sweet. I like your dolls. Are they signed? That would help in your research.

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Lynda, thanks so much! Actually Marie asked me that same question and I did look some, I'm just so afraid to remove any of their clothes. They probably are signed but I'd have to say that it may be on their back and that would be under their clothes. Any suggestions how to remove their clothes without harming the fabric? Thanks again Lynda and I hope that you have a wonderful day!
Hugs...
Bobbi

Mary said...

Hi Bobbi, your precious babies are so sweet, and they look timeless. I haven't a clue how to research their origin, but do let us know if you find out. In the meantime, just enjoy them!

Marie S said...

Oh they are so beautiful in the picture and look very old.
I have no idea where to start, but I will try some stuff later monday when the baby is napping.
Have a great day.
xoxoxox

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Mary, thanks so much for stopping in today, very nice to see you! Thanks so much and I sure will! Hope you have a good evening.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Hi Marie, good to see you! Those are the ones that I was telling you about the other day on the phone. Aren't they pretty and very old! Thanks for looking into this matter for me Sweetie, I really appreciate it! Give lil Madi a hug from me and I hope that you have a awesome rest of your day!
Giant hugs and love to you my dear friend...
Bobbi

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Bobbi,
We have the same rockers and were the same age too! I love those sweet dolls, although they look much older than our generation that must be quite valuable. Come back and visit soon, love your blog! Cindy

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Cindy, very nice to see you, gosh, thanks so much for stopping in today! Well, it sounds like we have a lot in common then now don't we! lol Very pleased to meet you! Thank you for your kind words! I believe that you're right about those antique dolls, I think they're pretty old to. I'd sure love to be able to find out though. I love your blog to and I'll be stopping in daily! Have a great rest of your day!
Hugs...
Bobbi