Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Beads, Beads and more Beads...

Last week my step dad and his new wife took me out for dinner at Olive Garden and then took me to one of my most favorite places...Pat Catan's! They bought all of these gorgeous beads for me and took me out to eat because after almost 41 years of me smoking...I quit! Wow, if I would have known that I was going to be getting all these wonderful beads I would have quit along time ago.
I have to admit though with quiting smoking I've gained some un-needed weight that I'm now fighting to take back off! But all and all I feel great and I'm not only proud that I quit but I'm happy that I did and don't understand why I didn't much earlier in my life! All of my family and friends are so proud of me! None of my sons or their wives smoke, I actually was the only person in my family that did smoke. My grand-children are so happy that I stopped smoking to!
So, here's to me and quiting smoking...new Beads, Wow!!!

5 comments:

Marie S said...

I am so proud of you too Bobbi!!! Wow what fun, you deserve it though.
I was just wondering about your quitting last night, I am so glad you answered my question. LOL!!!
The weight is the worst part though, but food tastes so good now.

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Marie...good to see you today! Well, I'm happy to be able to answer your question for you, I must have been reading your mind. lol
Yep, I sure was in static about all the great beads and dinner!
But the weight now is a very big problem! Gosh, I had a bad enough weight problem because of my kidneys now because I stopped smoking too. Geez, it seems like you do good in one thing and fall on another.lol But you're so right, I can taste now, gosh, all the things I've been missing! I can also smell again...it's amazing! I hope that you have a great day!
Giant hugs to you...
Bobbi

Miss Val's Creations said...

Congratulations on quiting smoking! Beading is a great distraction so I bet it will help you out through the difficult times of craving food and cigarettes. Just take it day by day and resist temptation!

Bobbi Ann said...

Miss Val Creations, Hi and thanks for stopping in today! You're very right about beading, it does help! It relaxes me. I'm actually doing pretty good as far as the cravings now, at times I think about it but as fast as it comes to mind is as fast as it leaves and I think about something else. Believe it or not, the smell of smoke really bothers me now! lol Just crazy but I'm happy about it! I hope that you have wonderful day!
Hugs...

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Bobbi! Congratulations! Thats fantastic! I know your family is so proud of you. I can't think of a nicer gift..BEADS! But actually you gave them all the very best gift of all!