Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Iris and Honeysucle....

This is my beaded Iris Crystal Drop. It's made from the Peyote stitch and on the other side of it is a Tulip. It's so beautiful when the sun hits it, all the colors of the rainbow shine through the crystal. I keep mine out all year long on a stand but you can hang them from your window, put them in your car on your rear view mirror or just save them for your Christmas tree as a ornament. I didn't post a picture of the other side of this Crystal Drop because I didn't have any Tulip pictures of mine to show you. lol
Now here's my Honeysuckle...when it's in full bloom not only is it a beauty but the fragrance of it is just beautiful!

A couple of years ago my mom gave me a couple of Iris's to plant. The greenery had come up but not a flower at all. Then she passed away last year suddenly. Now this year, for the very first time one of the plants that she had given to me bloomed and has the most gorgeous flowers on it! So, I wanted to share these pictures with all of yous. Oh...thanks mom for the beautiful Iris! I love them!









I hope that you enjoyed all the pictures...thanks so much for stopping in. Oh...if you haven't noticed by now I'm a picture nut! I love pictures and I take so may pictures my sons all make fun of me. lol But now I have yous to share them with. Thanks and have a great day!

7 comments:

Marie S said...

Bobbi what a beautiful ornament and the pictures of your garden are the best! So that is what it looks like when you have rain and some humidity in the air. Flowers do that???? LOL!!
I love the part about the iris' it is like your mom is waving hi to you.
I am so sorry for your hurting heart my sweet Bobbi!!!
Huge hugs,
Marie

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Marie, What a wonderful and very dear friend you are to me...thank you Sweetie, thank you!
I'm so happy that you enjoy the pictures of all the flowers, I just love them to. Yep, that's exactly what happens with a lil rain and only 70 to 90 degree weather and some humidity in the air. lol
You poor Sweetie, I'm sending you some coolness your way! I couldn't even imagine the heat where you live, nor would I even want to. Sometimes I get a lil discourage here in the winter months, but honestly I really enjoy all the seasons we have here in Ohio and the weather to.
It was so good to be able to talk to you this evening...it was a wonderful surprise! I hope that you have a fantastic rest of your day!
Giant hugs and love to you...
Bobbi

LDWatkins said...

Your crystal drop is fabulous!Beautiful! And the pictures of the irises are so refreshing and cool looking. Our three digit temps lately have taken all out of everything. That's so sweet about your mom. It helps the hole in our hearts to have something like that. Hugs, Lynda

Lois Christensen said...

I love the iris pictures! My mother gave me some a few years ago to plant around our house and we were in the process of building our deck and I had no idea where to put these plants. Our house was still new and had NO landscaping, no flower beds, nothing. So my husband said, "Just throw them under the deck." Well those plants were so stubborn! They have pushed their way up through the front of the deck into one of the flower beds we put around the deck! Makes me laugh every spring to see them come up! Your pictures are beautiful!

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Lynda, Great to see you this morning and thank you so very much for all of your kind words to me...they're so appreciated!You're so right about helping that hole in our heart...I feel that I'm very blessed and lucky to have had a mother so great as I did! I'm also very happy that I have many things that my mom has done for me and given special to me, she was a wonderful and loving woman that I miss and love so very much! Thanks so much Lynda! I hope that you have a wonderful day!
Hugs...
Bobbi

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Walking on Sunshine, Thanks so much! Wow, how crazy is that! lol What some plants will do is really something! Oh that's a funny story! Thanks for stopping in today and have a great day!
Hugs...
Bobbi

Mamzelle said...

Great blog post