Monday, July 20, 2009

My Hostas,Tiger Lily's and Lily's of the Valley...


How does you flower garden grow? Hmm, let's see one of my flower garden spots are here in my front yard. I have 2 different Hostas plants and a type of Tiger Lily's also a couple of Lily's of the Valley. The Hostas have grown so much in the last 2 years that this year I'll need to do some dividing and then I'll have many lil Hostas to plant all over again. They say that you're really suppose to divide your Hostas in the early Spring, but I believe that I'm going to do it at the end of Fall this year. My Hostas have the most beautiful purple flowers that shoot out from the gorgeous green foliage. I just love them!

I also have Lily's of the Valley in this flower garden, along the one side of my home and in the side flower garden! Right now they're not in bloom though, but you can see their gorgeous foliage they have! They bloom in the very early Spring and the fragrance that come from those are just beautiful, somewhat of a very sweet scent...just a wonderful aroma! They have small white bell like lil flowers on them that are just so pretty.
I do in the very early Spring also have Daffodils and Tulips here in this flower garden to. That's before the Hostas comes back up though but they all look fantastic!
Then I wanted to show you how absolutely gorgeous this flower really is. How vibrant it's color is! I wish that you would be able to smell it's beautiful fragrance that it has.
There are many species of Lily's, about 110 or so different kinds. They're very easy to grow, come from a bulb and very easy to transplant! Did you know that Lily's also attract Hummingbirds? So if you're a Hummingbird lover like I am...get yourself some beautiful Lily's!

11 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Oh, these really are gorgeous! I love the different colors in the flower - so vibrant! :) Silke

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Silke, thanks for stopping in today and for your kind words! They really are gorgeous, I just love them! Of course, I love most flowers and plants! lol Hope that you have a wonderful evening.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Silke Powers said...

Hi Bobbi, thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment!~ The little girl in the collage is my mom when she was about four years old. So cute! Hugs, Silke

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Silke, Wow, how great is that! Your mom was a very sweet and beautiful lil girl! Very awesome collage! Thanks for stopping back in this evening.
Hugs...
Bobbi

LDWatkins said...

Those are beautiful flowers and great pictures! Isn't it amazing what nature gives us? Such wonderful sights and fragrances! THanks for sharing!

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Your flower gardens are awesome! Wish I could have those flowers. Want a catus?

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Lynda, thank you so much for all your kind words! It really is amazing and so very wonderful! I hope that you have a awesome day!
Hugs...
Bobbi

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Donna, good to see you today! Sure I always liked cactus! I'll share my flowers with you, Lord knows I have many of them to share! Have a great day.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Marie S said...

Thank you so much Bobbi. I think you are the sweetest person I have ever met.
You have a wonderful week girlfriend!
Marie

Bobbi Ann said...

aww how sweet Marie, thank you so much! Wow...what a beautiful thing to say...Wow! I'm all teary eyed now, but in a very good way! Thanks so much Marie, you're the sweet one here, believe me! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope all is well and that you have a fantastic day!
Giant hugs and love...
Bobbi

gydunhn said...

Thank you for sharing thiss