Monday, July 27, 2009

Putting up our Cross...

I have a lot of things right now on my mind, but I wanted to share these wonderful pictures of when we put up our Cross at my Church. It was the 15th of April 2006 and I remember it as if it were yesterday. Our Church keeps growing and we at one point had rented a High School's auditorium to have worship in. Then we saved enough money to be able to purchase a piece of wonderful property of 30 plus acres. Then we built our new Church. Well in the back of the Church their are beautiful woods filled with ponds, creeks and trees galore. So we went and cut down a huge tree and with a tractor we pulled it, we tied it, then we shaved some of the bark off of it and packed it up this giant hill and put it up. I'll never forget that day, to me, well it was just breath taking and I was very moved and touched by everyone that had come and done what we all did that beautiful day! So, I hope that you enjoy these pictures. Here goes, you might want to grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea because they're lots of pictures for you to see...






















As you see at this point we were having some problems getting the Cross lifted to the height it needed to be.















But we heaved and we pulled and did a lot of praying and sure enough, we got it!









It was an amazing day and a awesome site to see and the very best feeling that our Cross was put up on the hillside!











There was a silence for a moment or two, then we cheered and we cried and we hugged another and just sighed, as our Cross was standing tall.



I hope that you enjoyed these pictures as much as I loved taking them and being there that awesome and wonderful day and now being able to share them with you today!
I did want to tell you that I'm having surgery tomorrow on my kidneys, left one to be exact again. If you didn't know, I have very bad kidneys and have been sick all of my life with them. So, for the last few days my mind has been wandering and today I think I've said aloud "Bobbi, let it go" at least now 100 times or better, which actually is helping! I've had so many surgeries in my lifetime that you would think I'd be a pro at this already, but the truth is, I'm afraid. So, with that being said...I probably won't be back on my computer for the next couple of days. I hope that yous have a wonderful week!
Giant hugs and love...

13 comments:

Marie S said...

I am with you, I will be watching over you and bringing all the big guys up there with me.
Be safe and be well and I will talk to you as soon as I can. I am holding your hand and together we are stronger. Love is all there is.
Love and hugs,
Marie

Anonymous said...

Yes, I enjoyed the pictures. As I scrolled down, I see how it was little by little put up by joint efforts until it was aligned and standing tall. That activity was indeed touching.. gathering together to put up your cross. Congratulations!

Renee said...

Bobbi this was very moving. I have the shivers from seeing the cross raised. Bless you for that.

Dear one, don't be too afraid, a little maybe, but don't be afraid.

You will do well, you are brave and you are you and you know what is what and you will come out the other side of this maybe a little weaker at first, but in the end stronger and healthier.

Love Renee xoxo

Silver said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope connection for you works better than i get here. As many pics as that would take me like a full day.

.. be brave, you can face anything. With the Lord, one is a Majority.

We'll be here to follow up on your good news ;)

Silver
Reflections

Unknown said...

Hi Bobbie!!!

what a wonderful post and I love the cross...and that psalm is one of my favorites!!!!

Hugs
Diana

LDWatkins said...

Oh, Bobbi! That was wonderful seeing the cross raised by such a group effort. It looks beautiful! You're going to be okay. We're all pulling for you and praying, too, so just let the healing begin! Love and hugs, Lynda

Papermoonies said...

wow tht is so wonderful what a neat experience
came to return your follow
Brittany
http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com
Blessings

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Nice, interesting!

Silver said...

i have an award waiting for you at my place. Mind coming over to pick it up? ;)Reflections!

hugs,
Silver

Silke Powers said...

Hi Bobbi, Wonderful photos!! It must have been such a special day!

Don't worry too much about your surgery! All is well!! I can feel it!

Thinking of you and sending lots of good energy!! Hugs, Silke

Silke Powers said...

Hi again, I just read that you made it through surgery well and I am so glad. In my morning stupor I hadn't realized that It had already happened. I wish for a swift recovery for you and send your lots of healing thoughts! Hugs, Silke

Anonymous said...

Hello Bobbi, I had chills all through the photo essay. I though I liked the one of the cross being carried up the hill the best, until I say the struggle to hoist it. I am here to congratulate you on an award we share from Silver. I will be adding you to my prayer list for your surgery experience. Visit my spot when you can. God Bless
QMM

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, gosh, how wonderful and touching everyone has been to me! I don't even know what to say except thank yous all so very much from the deepest part of my heart!
I'm very happy to hear that everyone enjoyed these pictures as much as yous did, that in itself makes my heart feel great!
Then all of your positive energies, and wonderful prayers have been such a blessing to me! I don't even know where to start to even begin to thank all of yous! But please know that all of yous have really touched my heart and now have a very special place in my heart!
I want yous to know that I had 2 surgeries this week and the one didn't work at all. That's alright though, one of my Dr.'s gave me a Nephrostomy Bag in/on my left kidney and I probably will have to keep this in always and probably will also have one placed on my right, but...it's ok and alright with that. I do understand the reason why and I can live with that! I still ask you though for all your prayers and positive thoughts and energies, I have a long road ahead of me. But knowing that I have a wonderful family and such great friends, it just means the world to me and thank yous all so much! I'm truly Blessed!
Hugs and love...
Bobbi